Feasibility of ductoscopic papillomectomy
Feasibility and Therapeutic Efficacy of Ductoscopic Papilloma Extraction in Patients with Pathologic Nipple Discharge
The primary goal is to determine whether retrieval of a solitary papilloma can be performed endoscopically by ductoscopy including very thin basket to avoid open surgical excision. Secondary aim will be to evaluate the therapeutic success of this procedure.
Are you Eligible? (Inclusion Criteria)
Patients with pathologic nipple discharge
- History of breast cancer;
- BRCA mutation;
- currently pregnant or lactating;
- chemotherapy within 12 months;
- had a BIRADS 3, 4, 5 or 6 mammogram within 12 months;
- abnormal finding or suspicion of malignancy;
- active infection or inflammation in the breast;
- abnormal liver function;
- allergy to lidocaine.