Mammoplasty procedures (also known as breast augmentation procedures) involves the use of saline or silicone implants to create larger and/or fuller breasts. Breast augmentation is among the most sought after cosmetic procedure available, and the demand continues to rise.
Why seek out a Breast Augmentation Procedure
Some of the most common reasons are:
- Increase the size of small breasts.
- Increase volume associated with weight loss or pregnancy.
- Restore fullness and shape that may have been lost due to age.
- Reconstruct breasts that have been damaged or removed due to injury or illness, such as breast cancer.
- Create a proportionate balance between the breasts and the rest of the body.
While breast augmentation surgery can yield amazing results, one area that breast augmentation does not address is severely sagging breasts. If a patient has severely low hanging breasts, then a breast lift procedure may be the best option. Breast lift surgery can be performed with breast implants to achieve the desired effect.
There are many options in mammoplasty procedures, and each should be considered carefully before making the decision to move forward with the procedure. Options for implants vary by the type of implant (silicone, saline, or cohesive gel), the shape of the implant (round or tear drop shaped), and the size of the breast implant.
Being informed and having clear expectations during the consultation process is the best way to ensure that a patient will be satisfied with her breast augmentation procedure results.