Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
Rhytidectomy procedures (commonly referred to as face lifts) are among the most popular facial rejuvenation procedures to help maintain a youthful, rested appearance. This cosmetic procedure is proven to diminish those telltale signs that suggest a patient’s true age.
About Face Lifts
A face lift procedure targets specific areas of the face to achieve a patient’s facial rejuvenation goals. If a patient shows signs of aging in the following areas, then a rhytidectomy may be the right procedure for them:
- Drooping or sagging in the mid-face, including around the cheeks, nose, and mouth.
- Age lines below the lower eyes.
- Deep lines that extend from the nose to the corner of the mouth, often referred to as “laugh lines.”
- The appearance of a double chin, despite maintaining a normal, healthy weight.
- A loss of muscle tone, which leads to loose, low hanging areas, such as jowls.
Correcting issues that have developed as a result of aging can remove years from one’s appearance. Removing excess skin and tightening the remaining tissue can smooth facial features to once again give patients their youthful glow.
To achieve a full facial rejuvenation, a face lift surgery is often performed with other facial procedures. A face lift can easily be performed at the same time as a brow lift or eyelid surgery, to help patients achieve their facial aesthetic goals.