Before initiating any exercise program, consult with your physician and or physical therapist.
- Incentive spirometer
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- PNF D2 flexion/extension with deep breathing
Home walking program/cycle ergometer program (to be started in house)
- Lower extremity exercises
- Upper extremity exercises
- Neck and trunk: Shoulder circles; Cervical range of motion; Trunk lateral flexion
- Lower extremities: Hamstring stretch; Calf stretch
- 6 weeks post surgery
- Shoulder flexion overhead
- Shoulder abduction and horizontal abduction standing against wall.
- Elbows out into sides with fingers locked behind neck.