Research Study Enrolling Women from the Bronx Who Have Survived Colorectal Cancer
Researchers at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center are conducting a clinical trial to test whether an exercise and diet weight loss program can help overweight colon or rectal cancer survivors reach a healthy body weight. The National Cancer Institute-funded research study offers nutrition counseling and free membership to a weight loss facility to help women who have had colon or rectal cancer to achieve a healthy body weight in one year.
- Are you a stage I-III colon or rectal cancer survivor?
- Are you overweight and want to lose weight?
- Do you exercise less than two and a half hours per week?
- Are you postmenopausal?
- Do you have access to the Internet?
If yes, you may be eligible to participate!
What would I have to do?
If you participate in this study you will:
- Receive nutrition counseling over the phone for 12 months.
- Receive membership at local Curves® club for 12-month at no cost.
- Go to 5 clinic visits over the course of the study.
- Have 3 fasting blood draws.
- Complete 3 online surveys and 9 telephone interviews over 1 year.
If you would like to participate, please contact:
Ms. Man Chi Ngan (212)304-5580