GI/Oncology Surgery: Physicians' Newsletter, September 2017
Message from the Chairman
I'm pleased to announce that NYP/Columbia has been named a center of excellence in clinical care for Gastroenterology and GI Surgery by U.S. News and World Report.
In this issue we feature our Center for Motility and Neurogastroenterology and our multidisciplinary team's success in helping even the most complex patients. We also have an update from our national leadership in treating all forms of adult liver cancer.
In other news: NYP/Columbia is now a major referral center for thyroid biopsy. We are the leaders in ablation therapies for breast cancer. Finally, we are learning how bariatric surgery can help adolescents who are morbidly obese and suffering from severe depression.
I encourage you to join us at one of our CME programs listed here.
View our newsletter homepage here.
Craig R. Smith, MD, FACS
Chair, Department of Surgery
- Top Honors from U.S. News & World Report
- NYP/Columbia's Center for Motility and Neurogastroenterology
- The Nation's Most Comprehensive Treatment for Adult Liver Cancer
- Advanced Detection and Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- New Technologies for Treating Breast Cancer
- Bariatric Surgery for Adolescents
- New Faculty: Roshni Rao, MD, James Mark Kiely, MD, John-Paul Bellistri, MD
- Research Papers and Presentations
- CME Programs