Beth A. Schrope, MD, PhD
1. "Classic Versus Pylorus Preserving Whipples: The Columbia University Pancreas Center Experience in Two Types of Pancreaticoduodenectomy” - Co-Investigator, IRB-AAAC6024, John Allendorf, M.D., Principal Investigator. 2000-2007
2. “Pancreatic Cancer Serum and DNA Repository” - Co-Investigator, IRB –AAAB5268, Robert Fine, M.D., Principal Investigator
3. “Phase II Study of Alternating Taxotere Gemzar/Xeloda (T-GX) for Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer (Stage IVB)” - Co-Investigator, IRB-AAAB5192, Robert Fine, M.D., Principal Investigator.
4. "A Randomized Phase II Study for Adjuvant Pancreatic Cancer: Gemzar alone versus Gemzar, Taxotere and Xeloda (GTX)" - Co-Investigator, IRB-AAAB4460, Robert Fine, M.D., Principal Investigator
5. "Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery - 2" - Co-Investigator, IRB-AAAB5747, Paul Berk, M.D., Principal Investigator.
Dr. Schrope joined the faculty of the Department of Surgery in July of 2001 as a Clinical instructor after completing her residency with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She is currently Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery.
She graduated with an M.D. degree from Temple University in 1996. Prior to joining the profession of medicine, she completed a Ph. D. in Biomedical Engineering at Drexel University in 1992, and won numerous federal grants as principle investigator for research work in medical ultrasound. She is the author of numerous publications in the fields of bariatric surgery, medical ultrasound and GI surgery. She is the sole editor of a new textbook on Surgical and Interventional Ultrasound.
Her research interests include novel applications of autologous pancreatic islet cell transplantation, pancreatic cysts and pancreatitis. She also employs minimally invasive surgical techniques for benign and malignant conditions of the stomach. Dr. Schrope is an active member of the American College of Surgeons, the American HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association, and Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. She is currently serving as Regional Medical Director of the Southern New York chapter of the National Pancreas Foundation.