Jump to navigation
Medical Student Orientation
Is it because of the lifestyle?
- Keep hearing negative myths about the life of a surgeon.
Is it because of your surgery rotation?
- Not always.
- Talk to medical students to see what their needs are.
- Contact students in "Whipple Surgical Society" to help spread the word about GS.
- Talk to surgeons and residents for advice on surgery activities.
What can I possibly do to help change their minds?
- A lot!
- Add more GS programs.
- Get medical students involved in their 1st year of medical school.
©1999-2019. Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Department of Surgery, New York, NY.