Welcome to the Columbia University Department of Surgery. Our Department is dedicated not only to providing the most advanced and thorough medical care, but also to educating patients and families about health conditions and options for treatment. In addition to the detailed information found throughout this site, please use the following resources for further help in understanding your health condition, treatment options, and related research.
These educational resources, including both NYP/Columbia and external sites, provide reliable, up-to-date health information:
- Media Learning Center: videos and podcasts developed by NYP/Columbia surgeons
- Health A-Z: NewYork-Presbyterian: Comprehensive glossary of health topics
- Genetic Screening
- Risk Assessments: Are you at risk for breast cancer, colorectal cancer, diabetes, or other conditions? Find out here.
- National Institute of Health
- National Library of Medicine
- Patient & Visitor Guides: what to expect before and during your stay or your child’s stay
- Columbia Surgery Blog: interactive forum to share breaking news, event information, faculty viewpoints, patient stories, and more.
- Faculty Publications
- Journal Articles: Search the PubMed database by physician name, keyword, title, date, or other criteria.)