Your doctor will ask questions about your medical history in order to check for any pancreatic cancer risk factors.
Questions may focus on:
- The location, severity, and duration of pain
- Any unintentional weight loss
- Your energy level
- The color of your urine and stool
Your doctor may also ask about your parents, siblings, and children to learn if there are any inherited conditions that may be causing your symptoms.
The physical examination will focus on your abdomen. Your doctor will:
- Check for masses or fluid buildup in the areas near your pancreas, stomach, liver, and gallbladder
- Check your skin and eyes for signs of yellowing
- Check for swollen lymph nodes above the collarbone and other locations in the body