A Proud Heritage: An Informal History of Surgery at Columbia edited by Frederic P. Herter, MD, Alfred Jaretzki III, MD, and Kenneth A. Forde, MD., captures the personal dedication, intellectual excitement, and intrinsic joy of Columbia surgeons through the ages, and offers an insider's look at a surgeon's life.
- Copies of the book are available on a donation basis.
- Donations will be directed to support the John Jones Research Fellowship Fund in the Department of Surgery at Columbia University. This fund supports the research activities of a General Surgery resident selected on a competitive basis.
- The successful candidate receives the title the John Jones Fellow and presents the outcome of his/her research at the annual spring meeting of the Society.
- To obtain a copy of the history book, contact the Administrator of the Society Trisha J. Hargaden via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.305.2735 between 8am - 4pm (EST)
- If you would like to contribute to the fund, make your check payable to Columbia University Department of Surgery, with John Jones Research Fellowship noted on the memo line and mail to:
John Jones Surgical Society
Attn: Trisha J. Hargaden
Columbia University Department of Surgery
21 Audubon Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10032