ColumbiaDoctors Eastern Vascular
3219 E. Tremont Ave, Suite A
Bronx, NY 10461
Phone: (718) 792-8115
Fax: (718) 792-2652
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley
2649 Strang Boulevard
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Phone: (914) 233-3008
Edvard Skripochnik, MD, is a vascular surgeon who specializes in advanced minimally invasive endovascular techniques as well as traditional open surgical procedures. Dr. Skripochnik graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine with honors and completed his Vascular Surgery Residency at Stony Brook University. He performs surgeries at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, Lawrence Hospital, and Columbia University.
Dr. Skripochnik's clinical interests include limb preservation, aortic aneurysms, carotid disease, thoracic outlet syndrome, and venous disease. His academic accomplishments include publications in peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Vascular Surgery and membership in esteemed vascular societies. He has presented his research on aortic pathologies and peripheral vascular disease at conferences such as the International Aortic Summit and the Annual Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society meetings.
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency: Stony Brook University Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Department of Surgery Research Day Outstanding Poster Award (2016)
- Dean’s Recognition Award (2015)
- Albert Einstein Merit Scholarship (2011-2015)
- Full merit scholarship to Macaulay Honors College (2007-2011)
- H.R. Eagleson Memorial Scholarship (2011)
- Chancellor’s Award for Academic Excellence (2010)
- Peter F. Vallone Academic Achievement Award (2007-2011)
- Skripochnik E, Ford B, Bilfinger TV, Weinstein JB, Tassiopoulos AK, Loh SA. Endovascular repair of the ascending aorta for an anastomotic saphenous vein graft aneurysm. Ann Vasc Surg. 2019. In press
- Tzavellas G, Skripochnik E, Landau D, Wain RA, Tasssiopoulos AK. Intimomedial mucoid degeneration of the peripheral arteries. J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech. 2019;5(4):452-5
- Skripochnik E, Spentzouris G, Loh SA. Parallel Stent Graft Technique for HypogastricAneurysm Repair with Flow Preservation of Distal Pelvic Circulation. VascEndovasc Surg. 2019;53(4):355-8
- Skripochnik E, Novikov D, Bilfinger TJ, Loh SA. Short term results of left subclavian artery salvage in blunt thoracic aortic injury with short proximal landing zones. J Vasc Surg. 2018;68(4):985-90
- Phair J, Trestman EB, Skripochnik E, Lipsitz EC, Koleilat I, Scher LA. Why do vascular surgeons get sued? Analysis of claims and outcomes in malpractice litigation. Ann Vasc Surg. 2018;51:25-9
- Skripochnik E, O’Connor DJ, Trestman EB, Lipsitz EC, Scher LA. Fifty years of hemodialysis access literature: The fifty most cited publications in the medical literature. Vasc. 2018;26(1):75-9
- Skripochnik E, Loh SA. Fluoroscopy time is not accurate as a surrogate marker for radiation exposure. Vasc. 2017;25(5):466-71
- Skripochnik E, Terrana LM, Labropoulos N, Henretta M, Griffin T, Loh SA. Inguinal pain and fullness due to an intravascular leiomyoma in the external iliac vein. J Vasc Surg Cases Innov Tech. 2017;3(2):102-4
- Skripochnik E, Labropoulos N, Loh SA. Delayed migration of a thrombosed aortic endograft within a thrombosed aneurysm sac resulting in continued sac expansion and rupture. J Vasc Surg. 2016;64(3):848-9.
- Neragi-Miandoab S, Skripochnik E, Michler R, Friedman P, D'alessandro D. Concomitant MAZE procedure during cardiac surgical procedures, is there any survival advantage in conversion to sinus rhythm? Minerva Cardioangiol. 2014
- Neragi-Miandoab S, Skripochnik E, Michler R, D’Alessandro D. Risk factors predicting the postoperative outcome in 134 patients with active endocarditis. Heart Surgery Forum, 2014;17(1):35-41.
- D'Alessandro DA, Skripochnik E, Michler RE, Hentschel V, Neragi-Miandoab S. Comparing the Importance of Hemodynamic Obstruction with Diastolic Dysfunction in Patients with Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy. The Open Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Journal, 2014;7:1-5.
- Skripochnik E, Michler RE, Hentschel V, Neragi-Miandoab S. The efficacy and outcome of ministernotomy compared to those of standard sternotomy for aortic valve replacement. ISRN Minimally Invasive Surgery, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/254084.
- D'Alessandro DA, Skripochnik E, Neragi-Miandoab S. The significance of prosthesis type on survival following valve replacement in dialysis patients. Journal of Heart Valve Disease, 2013;22(5):743-50.
- Skripochnik E, Ashton R, Neragi-Miandoab S. Esophagobronchial fistula following corrosive injury of esophagus: 2 cases with different etiology but similar presentation. The Open Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Journal, 2013;6:16-18.
- Neragi-Miandoab S, Skripochnik E, Salemi A, Girardi L. Recently patented transcatheter aortic valves in clinical trials. 2013. Recent Patents and Cardiovascular Drug Discovery, 2013;8(3):186-191
- Skripochnik E, Friedman P, Michler RE, Neragi-Miandoab S. The outcome of surgical management of type A aortic dissection. Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals, 2013;22(6):687-693
- Skripochnik E, Michler RE, Hentschel V; Neragi-Miandoab S. Repair of aortic root in patients with aneurysm or dissection: comparing the outcomes of valve sparing root replacement with those from the Bentall procedure. 2013. Brazilian Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, 2013;28(4):435-441.
- Neragi-Miandoab S, Skripochnik E, Michler RE. Recently patented and widely used valves for transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Recent Patents and Cardiovascular Drug Discovery, 2012;7(3):196-205.