ABLATE Registry: Radiofrequency Ablation After Breast Lumpectomy (eRFA) Added To Extend Intraoperative Margins in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
To evaluate the ability of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of breast cancer lumpectomy sites to extend the final negative margin and decrease the rates of reoperation.
Are you Eligible? (Inclusion Criteria)
- Patients age 50 or older;
- with tumor ≤ 3 cm;
- ductal in situ (DCIS) OR infiltrating ductal carcinoma (IDC), grade I-III;
- If tumor is IDC, pathology must be hormone receptor positive (ER+ and/or PR+)
- Patients younger than age 50;
- Tumor > 3 cm in diameter;
- Bilateral malignancy;
- Clinically positive lymph nodes;
- Tumor involving the skin;
- invasive lobular carcinoma;
- breast implants;
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy or chemotherapy for another breast cancer within 2 years;
- less than 2 years disease-free survival from previous breast cancer.