When you have a serious illness, the last thing you want to do is to travel to the hospital again and again for testing, exams, and consultations. To make that process easier for patients with complex lung and gastrointestinal disease, the Division of Thoracic Surgery has unified its many specialized centers under one coordinated program: the new Price Family Center for Comprehensive Chest Care. The Center offers a complete continuum of care for the full spectrum of lung diseases and disorders, from the most manageable to the most complex — including lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and interstitial lung disease.
The Price Family Center was established to provide convenient and coordinated care among the many specialists who make up each patient's team: surgeons, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, medical and radiation oncologists, nursing coordinators, and pulmonary rehabilitation/physical therapy professionals. Because these experts are located in one convenient facility, patients can usually see all the members of their team in a single visit.
Within the Price Family Center for Comprehensive Chest Care, specialized centers include:
- The Gunnar Esiason Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Lung Program
- High-Risk Lung Assessment Program
- Jo-Ann F. LeBuhn Center for Chest Disease and Respiratory Failure
- Lung Volume Reduction Program
- Center for Lung Disease and Transplantation
- Center for Acute Respiratory Failure
- Intersitital Lung Disease Program
- Mesothelioma Center
- Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Lung Cancer Screening Program
- Cecily & Robert Harris Pulmonary Diagnostic Center
- Fauth Center for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Columbia University Cardiopulmonary Sleep and Ventilatory Disorders Center