Dr. Selim Arcasoy, medical director of our Lung Transplant Program, recently visited The Path Forward with Cystic Fibrosis podcast and its host, Jerry Cahill, to discuss lung transplants, the pre-transplant process and what happens once someone is on the lung transplant list.
Watch the video to hear Dr. Arcasoy answer questions like:
- When should a CF patient consider a lung transplant?
- What is the transplant listing process?
- What is the transplant evaluation process?
- What are some testing and evaluation obstacles, both mental and psychosocial?
- What is dual listing?
- What happens when you are actively listed?
This video podcast was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant from Columbia University Medial Center and the Lung Transplant Project.