Presbyterian Hospital Building
622 West 168th Street, PH 14
New York, NY 10032
1375 Washington Avenue, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12206
I was part of the core group that started the Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation at Columbia University in 1997. I have worked in liver disease since 1990 and was named the Clinical Director of the Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation in 2000. In this position, I supervise the operations of a center transplanting more than 120 patients per year. Our staff is comprised of over 100 employees. Our center sees over 1500 patients per year with advanced liver disease. In 2005 in addition to my responsibilities in CLDT I was appointed as the Clinical Director for pediatric transplantation and adult abdominal organ transplantation for Columbia University. I hold both pediatric and adult board certifications and my clinical practice spans in and outpatient responsibilities.
Visit The Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation at columbiasurgery.org/liver
- Pediatric & Adult Hepatology
- Pediatric & Adult abdominal transplantation
Assistant Professor of Clinical Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing
2007: Outstanding Attending – Columbia University School of Nursing
- 2005: DNP, Columbia University, School of Nursing, New York, NY
- 1991: Master of Science – Nursing, Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing, New York, New York
- 1987: Bachelor of Science – Nursing, Wagner College, Staten Island, New York
- Optimal timing of liver transplantation in biliary atresia- results in 71 children managed by a multidisciplinary team. Robert A Cowles, Steven J Lobritto, Kara Ventura, Harren, PA; Randi Gelbard, Jean C Emond, R Peter Altman, Dominique M Jan
- Pediatric Transplantation – Chapter 24 - Care of Transplant Patient – Published by NATCO
- Harren, P., Brown, R., Emond, JC., Lobritto, S.. “Safety and efficacy of live viral vaccines in post liver transplant recipients on monotherapy immunosuppression”. Abstract for AST 2004 meeting.
- Lobritto, SJ., Harren, P., Sims, Y., Emond, JC., Brown, R.. “Combination Therapy Using Interferon and Lamivudine in Pediatric Patients with Hepatitis B.” Hepatology, 10/2003supplement.
- Brown, R., Kumar, S., Russo, M., Kinkhabwala, M., Rudow, D., Harren, P., Lobritto, S., Emond, J. “Model for End-Stage Liver Disease and Child-Turcotte-Pugh Score as Predictors of Pretransplantation disease Severity, Posttransplantation Outcome, and Resource Utilization in United Network of Organ Sharing Status 2A Patients. American Journal of Transplantation, 2001 supplement, 1 Vol 268.