The cosmetic form of botulinum toxin, often referred to by its product name BOTOX®, is a popular non-surgical injection that temporarily reduces or eliminates frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet near the eyes, and thick bands in the neck.
The toxin works by blocking nerve impulses, temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause wrinkles, resulting in giving the skin a smoother and more refreshed appearance.
Studies have also suggested that BOTOX is effective in relieving migraine headaches, excessive sweating and muscle spasms in the neck and eyes.
As a treatment for facial wrinkles, the procedure entails a small injection of BOTOX® into the muscle underlying the wrinkles to be treated. Typical areas of treatment include the forehead, the area between the eyebrows (glabella), and the wrinkles at the sides of the eyes (crow. s feet). The injection itself is brief and usually painless. After injection with BOTOX®, fine lines and wrinkles are significantly reduced and the skin appears younger and smoother.
No anesthesia is required.
Before the Procedure
No special care is required before injection.
- Possible side effects include mild, temporary numbness, tightening, bruising or swelling of the treated area.
- Enhanced appearance lasts last three to six months.
If you are considering a cosmetic procedure, our team is here to help. Call us at (212) 305-3103 or request an appointment online.
- Brow lift
- Chin Surgery
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Injectable Fillers
- Cosmetic Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- Cosmetic Ear Surgery (Otoplasty)
- Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Neck Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction (Mammoplasty) & Gynecomastia (for men)
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Arm Lift Surgery (Brachioplasty)
- Body Contouring After Weight Loss (Body Lift & Thigh Lift)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Scar Revision Surgery