Cosmetic Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
The cosmetic surgery used to correct, and/or improve the appearance of one’s nose, is known as rhinoplasty. Commonly referred to as a “nose job” or nose surgery, a rhinoplasty is often used for cosmetic purposes as an enhancement to one’s most prominent facial feature, and can boost a patient’s self-confidence. Rhinoplasty can also be used to treat a variety of health related issues, such as obstructed breathing or abnormalities in the structure of the nose.
About Rhinoplasty/ Nose Surgery
For many people the size and shape of their nose is the result of genetics, but other factors can contribute a patient’s nose such as injury. Rhinoplasty surgery can help a patient in the following variety of ways:
- Improve a patient’s nose size to help create better proportions between the nose and other facial features.
- Reduce the width of the nose at the bridge for better symmetry.
- Smoothing visible humps or dips in the nose can give a patient a better looking profile.
- Reshaping a nasal tip that may appear large, bulbous, drooping, or upturned.
- Reshape nostrils that are too large, sagging, or turned upward.
- Repair nasal deviation and improve symmetry.
Benefits to improving one’s nose can extend beyond the physical. The psychological impact of correcting such a prominent facial feature can be quite significant. Correcting a nose that is too large or misshapen can boost self-esteem, which can improve not only social interactions but professional interactions as well.
To achieve the best possible results, it is important to discuss expectations and desired goals, openly and honestly, during your consultation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.