Heart disease comes in many forms. It can be stable or severe, straight-forward or complex, and it can affect one small part of the heart or the whole thing. But no matter what kind of heart condition you or your loved one is dealing with, help is available. Our services include:
- Heart Attack & Cardiovascular Care: Our surgeons are world leaders in coronary artery bypass grafts for coronary artery disease and heart attacks. More about our Cardiovascular services »
- Heart Rate & Rhythm (Arrhythmia) Care: For Irregular heart rates and abnormal rhythms that can’t be managed with medications alone, surgical placement of a pacemaker or defibrillator can bring relief. More about our Rate & Rhythm services »
- Valve Disease Care: As part of the comprehensive Structural Heart & Valve Center at Columbia, our surgeons provide the latest techniques for mitral, tricuspid and aortic valve disorders. More about our Valve services »
- Transplant & Heart Failure Care: Our Heart Failure Program include world-leaders in transplant surgery and experts in mechanical circulatory support using devices like the LVAD. More about our Heart Failure services »
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Care: our surgeons help lead one of the only multi-disciplinary Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Centers in the world. More about our Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy services »
- Heart Tumor Care: Cardiac tumors are uncommon, which makes the need for specialized care for those with this diagnosis all the more important. More about our Heart Tumor services »
- Aortic Disease Care: Working closely with our colleagues in Vascular Surgery, we offer a full-service Aortic Center, including a specialized clinic for aortic conditions related to Marfan Syndrome. Visit the Aorta Center »
- Congenital and Pediatric Care: Our pediatric services include a top ranked Pediatric & Congenital Heart Program, a dedicated Congenital Valve Disease program, and one of the largest and most well-established Adult Congenital Heart Centers in the United States. Visit the Pediatric Congenital Heart Center or learn more about our Adult Congenital services »
Our cardiac surgeons work closely with doctors from our Division of Cardiology to always help you make the most informed choice between medication-based and surgical treatment options.
If you are in need of our services, call (212) 305-2633 or use our online request form to book an appointment today.
Other Specialized Programs
Research and Clinical Trial Programs
As one of the world’s leading research hospitals, Columbia is among the first to develop and offer new surgical techniques and treatments. As a patient, you may also have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials focusing on new approaches to heart disease, if you so desire.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Group
- Center for Innovations and Outcome Research
- Ongoing Clinical Trials
Programs for Students and Healthcare Professionals
As part of an Ivy League academic center, our surgeons not only practice their craft, they teach it as well - pushing them to always be aware of the latest findings and best practices.